Both waxing and shaving are considered two of the most widely used methods of body hair removal worldwide.
Both hair removal methods have their own techniques, benefits and drawbacks and if you’re about to decide on your new hair removal technique, you’ve come to the right article. Stay with us and find out if hot waxing is better than regular shaving.
Let ‘s get started!
What is waxing and what are its benefits?
Hot waxing is a procedure through which the hair is removed by the root. For this, slightly warm wax is applied to the skin, it is distributed in the opposite direction of hair growth, to this a special waxing cloth is attached and when the temperature has decreased, the hair is removed.
Shaving is a quick and easy way to remove unwanted hair, but waxing can leave a smoother finish that lasts up to six weeks. Preparing the skin for waxing can be a more time-consuming process, but it will save you from having to resort to razors every two to three days.
In addition, in the hair removal process we are eliminating dead cells and avoiding common shaving discomforts such as irritation, apart from the fact that with each session we will see a noticeable decrease in the thickness of the hair.
Both methods will leave you with a smooth and soft finish, although waxing is obviously more durable, but it is important to know which method is right for you.
If you are undecided, consult a dermatologist for advice. Once you’ve been cleared by a professional, a good hair removal technician will be able to guide you through the process – they’ve seen a wide range of hair types and can advise you on the best hair removal method for your personal needs.
Find out all the details of our waxing treatment by clicking here.
Although waxing is considered one of the best alternatives because of the results it offers and the time it lasts, you should know that it is not recommended in specific cases such as:
- Sensitive skin: Although it is not completely contraindicated, it is best to opt for other options such as laser hair removal. Even so, if your intention is to undergo waxing, the ideal is to do a small test and check how your skin reacts to it.
- Diabetes: People with diabetes are very susceptible to developing infections and other skin conditions, so it is best to avoid types of hair removal such as waxing.
- Dermatitis or psoriasis: The tendency to develop either of these skin conditions could be counterproductive. It is best to consult directly with your dermatologist about the best method of hair removal for your condition.
- Open wounds and varicose veins: For obvious reasons, the application of wax on open wounds or varicose veins could worsen the situation of these lesions.
- Sun exposure: If you had extensive sun exposure during the 24 hours prior to your waxing session, it is best to postpone the date. Tanned skin is more sensitive and could cause injury or irritation.
Pre-waxing advice before hot waxing
How to wax? What is the correct procedure? The reality is that waxing can be considered by many people as an uncomfortable experience. But several factors may come into play, such as lack of personal preparation or the inexperience of the person performing the procedure. That is why it is important to go to a certified place.
Whether you go to a salon or do it yourself, the following is important:
- Wash the area and let it dry thoroughly. Clean skin helps the wax to adhere perfectly to the hair, allowing for a cleaner and smoother removal.
- Try not to shave or cut the hair before the appointment, unless the length is longer than 5mm, which is the ideal length, to avoid unnecessary pulling.
- Do not apply creams or moisturizers of any kind.
- Ideally, exfoliate before waxing. However, this should be done about two to three days before the appointment to avoid irritation.
Waxing in Montreal
Where can I get waxing in Montreal? At Salon Deauville we are waiting for you to provide specialized advice, exclusive treatments and the best waxing service in Montreal. Don’t wait any longer, contact us at (514) 735-4432, email@example.com or visit us here.