Never underestimate the power of hot rollers for your hair and eyelash curlers for your eyelashes. – Actress and Director Busy Phillips
Words of wisdom. Hot rollers can add scads of volume and curls to an otherwise boring head of hair. And beautiful eyelashes bring out the eyes in a way that’s unmistakably sexy and captivating.
But after years of mascara use, I’m less likely to use on a daily basis anymore (too much fuss to get off and long-term damage to the lash) and eyelash curlers aren’t for everybody (Seriously, I’m always afraid I’ll trip when using it and yank out all of my lashes.)
That’s why eyelash extensions are a perfect fit for me. Lightweight with a natural feel…and no mascara required.
The Benefits of Eyelash Extensions Include:
- Lash extensions add volume without the drying damage of mascara.
- Lash extensions enhance your eyes naturally. Nothing stiff or make-up-like about them–they’re silky soft.
- Lash extensions do not damage natural lashes.
- Water-resistant, lash extensions work for an active lifestyle.
- Lash extensions last long–up to 5 weeks.
- Lash extensions lift your lashes in addition to volumizing them.
- Lash extensions are low maintenance. Once its done, you can basically forget about it. Check out the few pointers (listed below).
What really won me over is how natural lash extensions feel. The last time I wore old-fashioned eyelash strips, they drove me crazy all night. I couldn’t wait to get them off. Not the same with eyelash extensions; when applied properly, they feel lightweight, like nothing really. (That’s if they’re done correctly. Just make sure you choose the right salon!)
More About Eyelash Extensions:
You can choose the size of your eyelashes, they vary from 6 to 17mm in length and thickness from 0.05 to 0.25mm. This means you can choose a more natural length or a more dramatic look, according to your tastes.
Generally eyelash extensions can last up to 6 weeks. Unless you choose the occasional fill-in. Then your lovely lashes can last weeks longer. That’s a lot of long-term beauty for the price.
A full lash application can take 2 hours to place. Refills take about 60 minutes. It’s a painless (and many find relaxing) process.
Be careful not to rub your eyes too hard after your eyelash extensions are placed (you should avoid rubbing your eyes anyway).
You’re also better off avoiding mascara during this time period (you really won’t need it, trust me).
Oh….and don’t wash your eyes/lashes with any oil-type of product.
Goodbye Mom’s eyelash strips.
Goodbye drying mascara.
Goodbye raccoon eyes!
It’s a New Age for beauty.