Our Montreal Spa transforms people. We see it all the time. They arrive stressed, with furrowed brows and well-worn frowns. Then after a massage or a facial, they leave smiling, relaxed and looking refreshed. Its why we do what we do: we make people feel better!
But let’s face it: we can’t have a spa experience every day. It would get expensive (though our prices are quite reasonable if we do say) and eat up a lot of time.
Luckily you can recreate a spa experience at home. And most likely, you have many of the key ingredients on your shelves. So read on. Learn how to create your own self-care instead of the occasional visit to the spa or salon.
Here are some tips to help you recreate a spa experience at home (when you can’t get to our Montreal salon):
- Set the ambiance: Set the mood by dimming the lights, lighting candles and playing soothing music.
- Create a relaxing atmosphere: Make sure the room is warm and comfortable. You can add some aromatherapy oils to a diffuser or burn some non-toxic incense or clean candles.
- Take a warm bath: Fill your bathtub with warm water and add some bath salts, bath bombs or essential oils. Go for bubbles as long as the liquid is sulfate-free. You can also add some flowers or herbs to the bathwater for a luxurious and romantic touch.
- Exfoliate: Use a body scrub to exfoliate your skin, removing dead skin cells and leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Moisturize: After exfoliating, moisturize your skin with a hydrating lotion or oil. Massage it into your skin for a few minutes to help it absorb. Use a back brush to moisturize your back.
- Treat your feet: An at-home manicure when you can’t make it to the salon. Soak your feet in warm water with Epsom salt or a foot soak. Use a pumice stone to remove any dead skin and apply a foot cream or lotion to hydrate your skin. Ditch the polish and let your nails breathe. Use a little olive oil to shine them and moisturize them.
- Facial treatment: Apply a face mask or use a facial steamer to open up your pores and deeply cleanse your skin. Masks can made by a variety of at-home products, including honey, oatmeal and coconut oil.
- Relaxation: Its important to bask in the relaxation you created for yourself. After your treatments, relax for a while and drink in the peaceful atmosphere you have created. Keep the phone off. Breathe. You can read a book, meditate, or just lie down and breathe deeply. Take this time as seriously as you do work or family – it matters!
By following these simple steps, you can recreate a spa experience at home and enjoy the benefits of relaxation and self-care. Just can’t find the time? We so get it. Then schedule an appointment at your Montreal salon so we can take of you the way you deserve!
If you’re in need of special spa-like products to line your home shelves, check out our online store, where we offer the best prices on salon-level products, from shampoo to conditioner to face masks.