Tis the season to shop local. This includes hair salons. Conveniently located in central Montreal, our hair salon is proud to be a member of our local small business community.
There are multiple reasons to keep it in the hood when doing your shopping this holiday season (or any other time of the year, for that matter). Here are just a few reasons to keep business flourishing:
~ Why shop local in Montreal ~
- Shopping locally keeps the economy alive. If you’re ordering online, your money is going out into the world and doing very little to help the local economy. Shopping local ensures that you’re directly stimulating the local economy. Put down your phone, strap on some stylish shoes, and ask yourself: what can I get locally this holiday?
- Shopping locally helps the environment. When you order something from a faraway location, it needs to travel, often far, to get to your home. This means a mass supply of natural resources are expended to get that one little package to your door. Shopping local means less pollution in the long run. (Our salon is so centrally located, you could even walk for extra eco-friendly bonus points.)
- Shopping locally keeps communities safe. This may seem like common sense but a busy, thriving business community have more “eyes” on the neighborhood and more vested interest to keep it safe. Get out into your community and be part of the solution!
- Shopping locally gives back to the community. In the case of our salon in central Montreal, our staff spends money locally, as do our customers, from lunch to coffee to groceries to clothing. We also give to charities and use local services, from printing shops to local accountants to local newspapers.
- Shopping locally helps individuality and innovation. Local businesses often have to compete for customers. This means more innovative, creative ideas and less homogeny (think big box stores and how uncreative they feel). Because beauty services are so competitive in Montreal, we make sure we stay on top of all trends and use only the best beauty products possible (often from Montreal).
Shopping locally in Montreal builds community.
We have hairdressers that have worked with the same customers for over a decade. We’ve been part of pivotal events in the lives of our customers, from weddings to proms to new jobs to new relationships. Seriously, the people we work with are like family to us!
Visiting a salon is also a very personal experience. Your stylist (or manicurist or aesthetician or masseuse/masseur) truly gets to know you. Why? Because the more you feel at home, the more we feel at home.
Sure, you could salon-hop to multiple hair salons in Montreal. (There are a ton of salons to choose from after all.) But like a relationship or friendship, if you find the right beauty professional, stick with him or her. This is how true connectivity is formed. The more our staff gets to know you, the more we can anticipate your needs and provide a truly gratifying beautification experience.
Barbershops also deserve your local attention.
Our Montreal barbershop Deauville Au Masculin full-service day spa is designed for today’s modern man. Haircuts, shaves, grooming, styling & spa, all set in a stylish yet comfortable atmosphere. Grab a coffee at our in-house bistro/cafe and chill out. You are always welcome (we accept walk-ins whenever possible).
Listen, we live in very complicated times. It’s important to foster good, local relationships to grow your community and (simply put) to feel included. Your phone will never provide that. So put it down and walk down Rue Jean-Talon to our Montreal salon, an open-minded, friendly gathering place. We want you to consider us good neighbors…who incidentally help you look amazing!
We offer a massive range of beautification services including haircare and color, make-up services, eyelash and eyebrow care, hair removal, massage, hair extensions, laser hair removal, skin rejuvenation, bridal hair and make-up (one of our most popular services), men’s grooming/barbershop, and (super hot right now): hydrofacials. And let’s not forget one of the most popular hair coloring services in the salon market: balayage.
Our salon is conveniently located near any of the Montreal boroughs, including:
- Mont royal
- Cote Saint Luc
We’re also within driving distance to:
- Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
- Le Sud-Ouest